Sync gremlins are back

Switching between devices / computers seems to be scrambling my data again.

I have a suspicion that this is due to Google Drive more than StackEdit… is there a way to sign out and sign in again for Google Drive? Any other tips for exorcising these gremlins?

Has anyone else noticed these issues with Google Drive? Do you know if GitHub or DropBox are more reliable?

Thanks.

I am totally crazy on this problem for days as well…

Can you provide a sample of these gremlins? Is there a specific way to produce one?

It happens when I switch between two macbooks – the one I have for work and the one I have at home. It mostly adds back chunks and fragments that were previously deleted, but it also randomly deletes little bits as well.

sorry text was truncated…last item below.
hi all,

5- Before any editing, user B scrolls aa.md and realizes there are scrambled contents.
(“scrambled” means short strings of text are missing or placed somewhere else. When that happens with control characters or figures’ url from google photos, the document gets really messy)

Thanks,

Am I getting crazy? Now it’s showing only the last item… there you go again, full text.
hi all,

Would you have updates for this issue? We also experienced gremlins when we (my colleague and myself, both using macbooks) edited one .md file. We never did simultaneous access, we have strict hours for each of us to work on the document.
We use google drive and chrome.
A quick glance how gremlins happened:
1- User A edits aa.md, confirm all edits are correctly in place
2- User A does last sync, double-checks aa.md is not scrambled
3- User A closes stackedit. Google drive may remain open for other activities
4- At a later time, on his time slot, user B opens aa.md file on google drive>>Stackedit
5- Before any editing, user B scrolls aa.md and realizes there are scrambled contents.
(“scrambled” means short strings of text are missing or placed somewhere else. When that happens with control characters or figures’ url from google photos, the document gets really messy)

Thanks,

Hi sejin,
I don’t see more complaints about gremlins, so I think people are not having that issue… I wonder how they are working to avoid them. If the issue is in interaction with google drive, I’m thinking to work offline and then uploading the new file to google drive. I may lose the tracking and version history, but at least I can work.
Any thoughts?

Thanks,