How to turn off the badges

Can I somehow turn on the badges?

I don’t want to keep getting badges on every button I click. It gets old fast.

Alas, I’m not aware of a way to turn them off, but the notifications do stop once you’ve earned them all, so…

The logical conclusion is:

Time to click ALL the buttons!

More seriously though, the data for badges earned is stored in localStorage (key data/badgeCreations), and localStorage is pretty easy to edit. Alas, the JSON objects used by stackedit are a little less so… Luckily, I have cobbled together some code to generate data with every badge earned. It’s kind of a confusing mess though, I wouldn’t suggest trying to run it yet.

You could try using a pre-generated result though:

Generated code to paste into the JS console:
var badgeData = {"id":"badgeCreations","type":"data","data":{"navigationBar":{"created":0},"formatButtons":{"created":0},"editCurrentFileName":{"created":0},"toggleExplorer":{"created":0},"toggleSideBar":{"created":0},"explorer":{"created":0},"createFile":{"created":0},"switchFile":{"created":0},"createFolder":{"created":0},"moveFile":{"created":0},"moveFolder":{"created":0},"renameFile":{"created":0},"renameFolder":{"created":0},"removeFile":{"created":0},"removeFolder":{"created":0},"buttonBar":{"created":0},"toggleNavigationBar":{"created":0},"toggleSidePreview":{"created":0},"toggleEditor":{"created":0},"toggleFocusMode":{"created":0},"toggleScrollSync":{"created":0},"toggleStatusBar":{"created":0},"signIn":{"created":0},"syncMainWorkspace":{"created":0},"sponsor":{"created":0},"workspaces":{"created":0},"addCouchdbWorkspace":{"created":0},"addGithubWorkspace":{"created":0},"addGitlabWorkspace":{"created":0},"addGoogleDriveWorkspace":{"created":0},"renameWorkspace":{"created":0},"removeWorkspace":{"created":0},"manageAccounts":{"created":0},"addBloggerAccount":{"created":0},"addDropboxAccount":{"created":0},"addGitHubAccount":{"created":0},"addGitLabAccount":{"created":0},"addGoogleDriveAccount":{"created":0},"addGooglePhotosAccount":{"created":0},"addWordpressAccount":{"created":0},"addZendeskAccount":{"created":0},"removeAccount":{"created":0},"syncFiles":{"created":0},"openFromDropbox":{"created":0},"saveOnDropbox":{"created":0},"openFromGithub":{"created":0},"saveOnGithub":{"created":0},"saveOnGist":{"created":0},"openFromGitlab":{"created":0},"saveOnGitlab":{"created":0},"openFromGoogleDrive":{"created":0},"saveOnGoogleDrive":{"created":0},"triggerSync":{"created":0},"syncMultipleLocations":{"created":0},"removeSyncLocation":{"created":0},"publishFiles":{"created":0},"publishToBlogger":{"created":0},"publishToBloggerPage":{"created":0},"publishToDropbox":{"created":0},"publishToGithub":{"created":0},"publishToGist":{"created":0},"publishToGitlab":{"created":0},"publishToGoogleDrive":{"created":0},"publishToWordPress":{"created":0},"publishToZendesk":{"created":0},"triggerPublish":{"created":0},"publishMultipleLocations":{"created":0},"removePublishLocation":{"created":0},"manageHistory":{"created":0},"restoreVersion":{"created":0},"chooseHistory":{"created":0},"manageProperties":{"created":0},"setMetadata":{"created":0},"changePreset":{"created":0},"changeExtension":{"created":0},"comment":{"created":0},"createDiscussion":{"created":0},"addComment":{"created":0},"removeComment":{"created":0},"removeDiscussion":{"created":0},"importExport":{"created":0},"importMarkdown":{"created":0},"exportMarkdown":{"created":0},"importHtml":{"created":0},"exportHtml":{"created":0},"exportPdf":{"created":0},"exportPandoc":{"created":0},"manageSettings":{"created":0},"changeSettings":{"created":0},"changeShortcuts":{"created":0},"manageTemplates":{"created":0},"addTemplate":{"created":0},"removeTemplate":{"created":0}},"hash":881463050}
localStorage.setItem('data/badgeCreations', JSON.stringify(badgeData))

I pasted in the fake badge data in my stackedit workspace and it seemed to work.